Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So this guys walks into a bar......

There's no joke, I just wanted your attention.

Blog blog blog… I hate the word. I guess it’s like taxes these days a necessary evil of sorts.
Anyway, we were able to shoot some initial monologues for the "In the Wood" series thanks to the good folks at Irish Eyes Bar on 213th street & Broadway & my pal Eddie MacDonald who helped set it up.
Good stuff, there is a shot of me drinking at the bar, I took this role very seriously, in fact, I researched the role for the better part of the last 2 decades. I believe in suffering for my art.
I’m not really sure how this whole “blog” thing works. I mean, what do you people want to know about this endeavor? It’s not a documentary , which I heard I was making much to my surprise. What am I? a thin Michael Moore (Relatively speaking)? It’s a series about people and the relationships between them in this crazy little enclave we call Inwood. My home, and there’s no place else I’d rather be from or spend my days. Well, Hawaii would be nice, but the Pizza and Bagels suck outside of New York. I guess your stuck with me Inwood.

More to come

My Inwood observation of the day is the correlation between the number of friends you have with nicknames and the number of years you've lived in Inwood. Think about it. If you've been in "upstate manhattan" for, let's say, 5 years, you probably have between 3 and 5 Inwood native friends with nicknames. If you grew up in Inwood and are past the age of 30, this number jumps exponentially to roughly everyone you know!

Cheers

Maybe I'll finish that joke next time, maybe...

Scotty

No comments:

Post a Comment